FAQ: Did you really have a working prototype when the Kickstarter project started?

The prototype you can see working in our Kickstarter video, was an early working prototype. However, even as the Kickstarter project was in progress, it became clear that we had made a mistake.

One of the promises we made in our Kickstarter project was that we wanted to make a fancy UI (User Interface) to make Ada as easy as possible to use. We did have a rudimentary UI on the prototype, but to get to get the UI we wanted / had promised, we needed to make a lot of changes.

In retrospect, this was a poor choice: If we had stuck with the simpler UI, we might not have had to replace the processor and all the software that was running on the Triggertrap Ada. This choice cost us a tremendous amount of money and a huge deal of delays, as described in Triggertrap CEO Haje Jan Kamps' blog post 'Hardware is Hard' over on Medium.

The change to a new processor, and all the other things that went wrong throughout the project, are further described in the Medium post that serves as a retrospective for what, exactly, went wrong in this project.

The long and short of it is this: We had a working prototype, a lot of things went wrong, and we essentially started from scratch, when we really shouldn't have.

The rest of the Triggertrap Ada FAQ can be found here. If you have any questions that aren't covered, we are happy to help - please reach out at hello@triggertrap.com